Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Vesak Day

Okay it's a holiday.

Past four weeks or so have been very busy at internship. Quite a lot to learn- it's been an exponential learning curve. But I'm quite happy here for now.

I've been wondering what I'll do for the rest of the hols. Especially after internship has ended. The NS book project is in its final stages. I really hope to finish it during this break.

This morning I just put in my application for exchange, with Israel as my first choice. I've been praying about it for a darn long time. Since somewhere last year I believe. We shall see how it goes.

I decided not to start with the YA cell anytime soon. Just too much stuff to do. I even stopped BSF because I felt I was being loaded with too much stuff. Last year around March I was quite burnt out from too much stuff in CM. I even grew tired of attending church camps. I don't want to become like that again if I can help it.

Today I went for a run. I think it was somewhere between 8 to 10 km. I don't know why I've fallen sick like four times this year already- which is a lot for me. I don't often fall sick. So I haven't been able to run much this year. Sundown is on the Saturday night after next. Hopefully I'll be fit enough to enjoy most of it. I do hope that the quality of this year's Sundown is better than the last. I didn't go last year but the papers were filled with complaints about it.

At least one thing I'm looking forward to this holiday is the Crusade camp. 25 to 27 July.

Before that there's reservist though. I was feeling a little bit apprehensive about it. But after working here in my internship place I kind of feel that God is preparing me for that. Life in my internship can potentially get quite tiring some days. And sometimes the pressure mounts for my job cuz any mistake I make can be translated into mistakes by the kitchen staff and drivers and dissatisfied hotels. I sort of expect reservist to be less stressful than internship. Haha. We shall see. I've forgotten a great deal of army stuff, having had no revision for more than 2 years.

Okay, I know this post has no focus at all. I'm just offloading a whole bunch of updates.

This semester I did very well for my studies. And I'm just so amazed. I thank God and give Him all the glory. One firm belief I now have is that life in uni is not about my GPA or grades. It's not about building up a solid resume. It's about serving God. And I want that to be my focus for the next half of my uni life.

Moment of the week. Old testament review of just last Sunday.

Me: "Name Abraham's sons"

One of my kids: "Errr err... James! John! Steven!"

No comments: