Thursday, May 05, 2011

Updates

Okay. One moment I was so concerned about an internship and now I am up to my neck in one. Thank God that my kor gave me a good lead. I've been interning there for two weeks now. It's in the F&B industry. The back-end. Does pastries and kueh for five and six star hotels. I'm quite enjoying it. But there's so much to do.

My average OT is 2 to 3 hours. I guess it's partly because there's really a lot to do and partly because I want to make sure I'm doing a darn good job.

My life these couple of days is really like the military again. Like wake up at 5:30 a.m. to work out and run (there's Sundown in less than a month and I am hardly ready!). Then leave for work by 7:30a.m. Then work work work till about 7p.m. Come home at about 8 to 9p.m. Then 1.5 hours of time to spare. Sleep at 10:30p.m. and start all over again.

My job now is really interesting. Getting to see lots of workings in an SME. Got to be very street-smart cuz there are many dishonest parties out there. Also I'm often in the middle of long exchanges between my bosses, the kitchen staff, the clients and the suppliers. Heh. Reminds me of Porter's Five.

No comments: