Sunday, March 06, 2011

Sick again...

I'm sick again. I do not like to be sick. I detest the fact that I cannot exercise. I do not like to see myself becoming fat all over again.

It is only when adversity or any ill-event occurs that we are filled with wonderment that we were not any more thankful in the past. In a way, it's good that I've been sick for about a week. There is so much to thank God for because I have had so many months without falling sick.

So today I was in church only for CM. Cuz it was my lesson and I didn't think it fair to get someone else to teach at the last minute. Lesson was okay lah... didn't go too well by my expectations though. Was supposed to go some place for a friend's birthday party but had to rest at home. Spent some time reading Pilgrim's Progress. The archaic English is at times tiresome. There are occasional gems for me. But I just want to finish what I began. Almost there.

Mid-terms are over and there are now a whole lot of projects to do. But then again... only four weeks before the end of the term. Well, I've got to find some internship too. But we'll see how I guess. Haven't been successful yet.

My dear NS Book Project is still in the works. It has been in the works for an extremely long time. It's like an airplane design that has already materialised, except that it's in the hangar awaiting its pilot testing. Now if we can just get it to take off for its pilot testing.

Hmph. I'm staring at the dumbells across from me in the living room. Miss them. Exercise, when I am sick, seems so pleasant and nice. It's kind of like my de-stress zone. I'm not super fit, but I love it. I'd like to play more soccer if I could too. But can't really find people I guess. Tertiary education already. No longer like primary or secondary school days when soccer buddies were just a phone call away.

Perhaps being sick forces me to learn to rest. I've watched more TV this week than any other week for a long time... Something I haven't done since perhaps JC or before. But of course it's not something I want to do long term. Not productive. Perhaps something like playing the guitar more would be a worthy alternative...

Okay. Back to school tomorrow.

Al iz well- From "3 Idiots".

No comments: