Saturday, December 11, 2010

A quick post before I wash up and hit the bed

Been having Spiritual Milk the last three days. I really really enjoyed the time I spent with all the Primary 6s. I truly love being with them. But being with Primary 6s is always slightly... bittersweet? Because they mature and then you grow so close to them, especially toward the end, with PSLE and children's camp and Spiritual Milk. Then you see them promoted to YPM. Some will stay. Others will eventually stop coming to church. It's been that way since my time. That was a decade back. Really aches my heart when some stop coming, but by then I have another group of children to look after and I can't run after so many people. (Though sometimes I wish I could keep calling all my kids from past years and make sure they come back to church and attend YPM stuff and all).

But of course, I'm physically tired right now. I guess there are the people who say that they're physically tired but spiritually refreshed. Perhaps that's true. But I've come to think that if I'm spiritually refreshed and allow myself to keep getting more physically tired (especially when rest is possible with proper planning), it will some how or other lead to the spiritual part being compromised.

(Right, my thoughts are slightly disjointed now. Hope they're still doctrinally sound. Will check them again if I have the time).

Lots of stuff going on. Might have some project meeting on Monday. Then Tuesday is IPPT. For which I have not trained. And the way it looks, I don't think I'll be training up for it at all. Had hoped to do a little speed training but have not been able to find the time. Wednesday to Saturday is YPM Camp. I'm kinda looking forward to just being a camper and receiving God's word and all.

Then a week or so of rest. Then I have a call-up. That one I'm slightly miffed because it's late, informal notification. Disrupted some plans. But then again I guess it might have its benefits.

And yes, quite sure I want to do Sundown Marathon. I wonder why myself. Perhaps it's because I like to run. Perhaps it's because I'm seeking something for a sense of adventure. And since I haven't been doing outdoor stuff for a while this is the next best thing? Hopefully it keeps me in shape.

Okay, last two disjointed thoughts of the day. (This post is like someone changing TV channels real fast. Everything is not linked).

1) Sometimes we talk so much about stuff in church that we leave God out. Sometimes we talk so much about the faults of others that we forget to remember that we should be talking with God about our own faults. Ultimately, I feel that unless God leads us into doing so, we should focus only on the proverbial plank in our own eyes. After all, that alone already takes up so much time. And I think that the thing about other people is just to love them (the hard part) and leave God to the changing of the person (which we try to do ourselves at times. We get the order wrong.)

2) Okay, this one makes sense to me now. (I don't know if I'll have to tear it apart tomorrow, but here goes...) No biblical reference as of yet, because I'm really quite tired at this moment. Sin, as they say, is independence from God. Trying to do things our own way and not accepting His ways, His words and His plans right?

So, how can ministry become sin? It becomes sin when we do ministry apart from God. We sin when we try to achieve things for God without His help. (Once again, I'm not too sure about the semantics and all, but this is just a developing thought. So DON'T take it too seriously for now).

Okay. Sleeping soon.

No comments: