Saturday, September 11, 2010

Reliance on God

This week was yet another reminder of how I can rely only on God.

I was feeling rather frustrated on Thursday night. I didn't manage to study on Thursday night. I wanted to, but ended up playing the guitar for about three hours straight. I was also kind of frustrated with a lot of other issues.

So I was kneeling by my bed, praying just before I slept. In my frustration I asked God what He was teaching me in this. I was asking Him, "Are you trying to teach me about trusting in you, Lord?"

And I just received this word from God. This understanding. It wasn't so much about trusting Him (I mean, yeah I should be, but that wasn't the main point). It was about joy.

With that, I remembered 1 Thessalonians 5:16. About being joyful always. I remembered having had a discussion with my Primary 6 kids on the difference between joy and happiness just last Sunday.

So I received God's joy and peace. And I felt so much better after deciding to be joyful. I can't fully explain this. But when I claim God's promises, all the worries of this world no longer have a hold on me. All uncertainties are no longer a bother and all frustrations can no longer hinder my joy. God is in charge. I'm so relieved to have God's joy and assurance in each and every situation.

Attended a Young Adults session last night. Had fun. I'm encouraged by the YA ministry in church.

This weekend was rather productive in terms of studying. I also managed to squeeze in some planning for the NS Book editing, and began to write some letters to my Primary 6s.

1 comment:

jesusloveme said...

Yeah! nice nice=) Joy! Amen!

God has already annointed us with the oil of joy=)Hebrews 1:9

Joy is also a good medicine=) Proverbs 17:22
And this is some sort similarly to what ppl always say "laughter is the best medicine"

therefore: Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!Philippians 4:4=)

Your post reminded me to be joyful, is something that i am learning too=)

Be bless bro!!!!