Sunday, September 19, 2010

Feel So Sleepy

Hmm. I'm feeling sleepy right now. But I guess I should update this.

On retrospect it's been a rather long weekend. Came to some decisions in my life this last week. Also managed to spend a lot more time crying out to God in prayer. So I guess that's good. It amazes me how God can use a situation to draw one closer to Him.

It's kinda like the 73rd Psalm, which I taught my kids today.

Hear this part from verse 21 to 28.

" When my heart was grieved
and my spirit embittered,
I was senseless and ignorant;
I was a brute beast before you.

We often get angry at God don't we? Or we get bitter or grieve in various situations. We rave and rant against the Almighty. But what does Asaph say here? He says he was senseless and ignorant. That tends to happen when we allow our emotions in a situation to be so strong as to rob us of time we can spend waiting on God.

Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory

But yet God is still there. He guides by His right hand. He guides with counsel. Just as Isaiah 11 makes mention of the Spirit of wisdom, understanding, counsel, power, knowledge and fear of the Lord. The Holy Spirit. The Paraclete. He guides us. Our counsellor, comforter, advocator. He who comes beside us to help us.

Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

And God alone will satisfy. Nothing else. Neither friendships nor relationships, wealth nor power, good grades nor societal achievement.

Those who are far from you will perish;
you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
But as for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge;
I will tell of all your deeds."



It is just so good to be near to God, to trust Him in all situations.

God can teach us so much through our situation. If only we listen.


Alright. Photo time. Here's some stuff I got for my kids before their PSLE. Which, if I remember correctly, is October 6 onwards.










And yeah, got my editing team together today. Thank God for Lu Jia, Felicia, Wei Ren, Trent, Jingyang.


And just one last picture before I knock off for today.
The power of punctuation. This could read: "Strictly no parking. Offenders will be referred to the traffic police".

Or it could read: "Strictly no parking offenders will be referred to the traffic police".

Heh, saw this outside Tanjong Pagar MRT. Was going for a Don Carson talk with Project Timothy. Glad I went for it.

No comments: