Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Last Week Or So

Well, it turns out that the headaches on Saturday morning were the start of a week of sinus backflows and all. It was quite terrible; I'm seldom sick. Even had to take an MC on Tuesday. Goodness.

Now I think I'm quite alright. Have started exercising again. Finally. Being sick is a good reminder of how much I love to exercise. Sometimes there is pain in exercising. There is the painful discipline of tossing and turning in bed at 0620 HRS before finally deciding to wake up for a run or some weights. (In army my OC once had this painful idea of waking the commanders up at 0515 HRS for a run every morning before the men fell in at 0545. "Five one five" as we used to call it... crazy stuff. It would still go on even if we slept as late as one in the morning. Mercifully it died out and every one of us was wise enough not to mention it ever again). But the pain of falling sick and the helplessness it brings is far worse. Looking out of the bus window and watching people run in the morning sun really made me want to get well and run and all as soon as possible.

The highlights of last week were three rather disappointing matches on Friday night. We watched them from Jeshua's house. Then after that we played Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Played as Ironman mostly, if not Captain America. Jesh and Enos alternated between Spiderman and Wolverine. Though I thought Wolverine very much suited Jeshua C T Chong. Caught some sleep before heading out to Novena area for dinner with ODAC friends. I haven't met them for quite a while and it turned out to be better than I expected. Had some good catching up with some people I used to be quite close to.

Of course I've been continuing to work. Here's a picture of my office. I'm in a glassed-up area better known to others on the floor as the yu gang or aquarium. Quite a small fish in the aquarium. But been rather happy swimming around these last couple of days. When you're a small fish, no one takes much notice of you. You get to swim into all the tiny corners that the big fish don't get to swim into. There's also a lot more space to move around. Big fish don't have much of a choice.

Well, I have slightly less than a month before I end my stint here. It is still so apparent to me how kind God has been to me by providing me with this job. Many benefits as well as a wonderful exposure to working life in a bank.




Have also been going out with friends. Here's a shot taken while waiting at a bus stop near church. Was going to go with Jon Lim and Enos to army market to buy some stuff for Jon and to hang out over sugar cane and tang yuan or balls of glutinous rice in soup.


Thought the sky was really nice that day. Enos was like "bah... nice meh?" and Jon Lim was like "take picture, take picture!"

Besides catching up and hanging out with people, and of course working, there are two other things I've been doing. Firstly, the NS Book Project, for which there are many new developments, pleasant surprises, frustrations and all- which really makes me surrender so much more to God in prayer. Secondly, the Crusade Camp. I finally got down to improving on the devotions. Was a little bit of a bugbear to me last week cuz I was sick and unable to really think well enough to edit it.

Will close for now with a thought.

I was doing my QT just now. And complaining to God about people who so irritate and frustrate me. The thing about these people is that they get so close to me when they need me. And yet when I ask things from them, they do not make themselves available to help. They always have a ready reason as to why they aren't available. For the sake of friendship and courtesy I do not really have much to say. In other words, they seek me out only when they need me and push me aside when they don't.

And then God spoke to me through an instant thought. "Aren't you sometimes like that too?"

And yes, regretfully, that is sometimes true of me. Sometimes I just push God aside when I don't really seem to need Him that much. How much more upset must He feel than I.

5 comments:

Jane said...

Just like to share with you a reminder my fellow Christian blogger cum sis-in-Christ shared with me, "Do not be weary in well-doing for there is a reward in faithfulness..." Whether or not you're looking for the reward, be not weary in well-doing, God approves of it. :)

tyong said...

Thanks mom!

俊賢 said...

來幫你衝一下人氣,幫你推推推......................................................................

貴寶 said...

在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」......................................................................

宛真宛真 said...

人不能像動物一樣活著,而應該追求知識和美德.................................................................