Saturday, May 08, 2010

After another week at work

Work's been involving large amounts of voluntary OT lately. Been wondering to myself whether it really is wise to work so much. Been wondering whether it'll lead to me burning out. (And a good friend was telling me today that "well... there's only one way to find out for sure"). Also been observing that I haven't been spending that much time doing QT... etc.

Perhaps I need to relook my focus this Summer. I may not be spending it correctly.

What's the point of earning more and acquiring new skills and hanging out and watching movies? What's the point if at the end of all that I question myself and find myself wanting? Wanting in that I had extra time to spend and invest and it didn't go into what God wanted it to go into?

Here's a re-write of a reflection I wrote down as I was doing my QT today.

"It's no use getting angry, hurt or upset over other people. I'll get tired easily if I allow hurting words to bog me down for long. Don't let insults and threats get to you. But also be careful not to allow flattery to cause you to become pride and lead eventually to your downfall. Simply in life, what really matters is what God says. And also, what is His will?"

Been reminded today that I shouldn't focus on people and issues, but on God. Also was reading Mark 12:29-30.

" "The most important one", answered Jesus, "is this 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' "

That's like something I don't quite think I'm doing right now. In fact, I wonder if I truly understand what it means. There we have it. The greatest commandment and I need to figure out how to obey it.

No comments: