Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Glee.



Okay, they took this shot for a Crusade event, Love Matters that's coming up on 12 Feb. It's a very special day for me. It's my ORD anniversary!!!



Apparently many people like to watch this new show, Glee. But I'm not intending to start anytime soon.



Many many many thoughts today. Bout stuff in the newspapers, bout stuff in church, bout stuff in school, bout stuff in friends' lives.





Photo with Joel from CM camp 2009.




Angela's birthday party on Monday night.





Lowell...

How to tell if I'm taking up something that I shouldn't



I guess I'm posting this up here as a reminder to myself as much as it is to everyone.



How do I tell if I'm taking up too much stuff in my life? What's the ultimate indicator? It's when my walk with God starts to suffer. If I take on stuff so much so that the quality of my walk (and many a time, even the quantity) suffers, then it must be too much.



My mom was suggesting to me that I might be taking up too much stuff recently. And I guess that that's a good reminder. Even though I'm convinced that I'm striking the right balance at the current moment, it is true that I'm treading a thin line. It'll be easy to get off this balance.


Talking with people is something I truly enjoy. I enjoy this ministry of exhortation, of prayer, of sharing my life, just as 1 Thessalonians 2:8 (I think) says that "We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel but our very lives as well, because you had become so dear to us" (if I remember correctly).



Was talking with one of my friends on the train and he was saying that he doesn't get too involved in peoples' lives cuz he knows that he can't commit to following up. And was just pondering about what he said. Could I be getting myself into too many different lives? Is there a way to just "be around" and "be supportive" while at the same time knowing much? Tentatively I believe that it all boils down to the issue of wisdom. But then again, it remains to be seen.



God and NS - A Book Project



Just want to put this up here for friends who visit this blog but who I haven't talked to for a while. Caleb, Jesh and I are in the formative stages of coming up with a book. The key idea is for those who've been in uniform to share who God was to them inside of NS. The plan for now is to compile testimonies from church members regarding their experiences and how God was involved in those experiences.



Can't say too much for now, cuz we're all studying. But hopefully the idea will pick up some more steam when Summer break comes.



So for those who read this. You can send testimonies to me. Please also keep this one in prayer. :)



Going-ons



Update. The last few days have been mainly about talking to many people. Need to pray for wisdom. Need to continue to spend time with God. Need strength for each new day. Studies are heating up and many a time I am rather concerned that I'm not putting enough time into studying. So really need to organise my time well. Yet at least for now I am happy to report that I haven't been much distracted by unworthy pursuits such as TV, facebook etc... But need to keep going, keep going.



The theme verses for the moment seems to be Ephesians 5:15-17



Be very careful, then, how you live- not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.



And 1 Timothy 4:12-16 too.



... but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. Do not neglect your gift... Be diligent in these matters, give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

1 comment:

8847 said...

心中有愛,才會人見人愛。........................................