Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thought for the day

Was just pondering a couple of things today. Managed to finish what I'd planned to do ahead of time. Am really glad for that. And that left me time to ponder some stuff.

Am glad that I'm quite recovered from last week's sickness. Now back on track to exercising. Yesterday was a nice little run. Miss the times that I ran from home to East Coast and then all the way to the East near the SAF chalet and then back to the lighthouse. Today was some upper body conditioning. But no Daniel Li, I am NOT half as fit as you think.

I'm almost through the 3rd week of this term. So far things have been alright. A couple of hiccups here and there, but still alright.

Eyes focused on God, running the race. This is where the lactic builds up and either I stop running or I start to grow.

The more I think about it, the more I give thanks for the wonderful things that God has done when He brought me through the low points in the army. All the loneliness and pain for growth. It was worth it. Now each time I encounter loneliness or pain, I need to constantly remind myself that it is discipline from the Lord. It is training in godliness and must not be avoided.