Wednesday, January 06, 2010

3rd day of the term


Cooking last month.

Alright. Have had a rather enjoyable first 2 days at school. Seems like I know so many more people in my various classes. Enjoyed all my lessons so far. Managed to do some studying today. A good warm-up to studying life once again.

Been trying out new ways to live. And so far, I think it's good. I'm talking bout living in a way that I put God first. Which Christian professes to put God first? We all pray that we might be able to. We all give verbal in-principle approval to the concept. But do we really live it out. Practically?

I'm rather serious in chasing after God this time round.

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do. Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

-Philippians 3: 12-16

But need to rely on God's strength and wisdom and not my own.

Was talking to Jesh last night. And one thought I have: How do we not be of the world, live in such a way as aliens and strangers (ref. 1 Peter 2:11-12) in this world, as Paul says and yet have friends who are of the world? And yet love them, and yet make Christ known to them? It is definitely possible, according to the word. We are told to reach out. We are also told to be holy. The two are not separate, and neither is an excuse for not living up to the other.

I've got a new batch of Pri 6s. I hope my dear Sec 1s are happily settling in to school too. I miss them and yet I'm thrilled to be taking on a new bunch. So many things to share with them and teach them.

Heh, contemplating the fact that I'll be 22 this year. It seems quite fast man. Yet the only concern should be whether I am allowing God to have full control? That my life really counts for what He has designed it to?

Was reflecting at the start of this year, that God has brought me through so much. Since my army days till now. I have so, so much to be thankful for.

And yet, as Enos mentioned. I need to be careful not to be complacent.

No comments: