Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A day in school studying

Came to school to study today. Was productive. Went for a lil bit of gym with Joel.

Just before I had dinner I was spending a bit of time with God. And it felt very good. It was raining outside. I like this kind of weather. When I'm indoors, that is. There were quite a few outfields when it was raining. Looking back, I'm amazed that God brought me through all that. Perhaps it's due in part to the jungle air, that it's quite rare to fall sick out there.

Considering a couple of things today. One of which is that I've a long way to go in many areas. So many things that God has yet to change in me. The more time I spend with God, the more I realise that there's still so much to be done. My words, my actions. Well, I've noticed that very often, when God works on a person's character, improvement is a combination of challenges, waiting on God, setbacks and pain through discipline. When I was younger, my mom made me memorise Hebrews 12:11. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. And it's proven true time and time again.

It's been a season of rest these few days. And I'm just scanning the horizon. In times of peace we have to prepare for times of battle. King Asa failed quite miserably in obeying God even though he was a rather righteous king. He failed after a long period of rest. Moses himself struck the rock twice. That was after the wanderings in the desert, not before.

So I put on my spiritual armour and wait. And may I not be caught off-guard should war arise.

No comments: