Monday, August 10, 2009

Psalm 33:11

"... the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations." -Psalm 33:11.

So we have established the sovereignity of God and our trust in His purposes. The plans of the Lord stand firm forever.

Are we done? Not quite.

Is it enough to trust God for our lives? Yes, to avoid much worrying and anxiety and pain. Yes, to enter most comfortably into glory when our time comes.

How about the purposes of His heart through all generations?

A question I'm asking myself is if God has purposes through all generations, how do I fit into it? If in the beginning He created the world and man fell to sin. And all the way from Genesis 4 to Jude He purposed in His heart a plan that would culminate in the prophecies in Revelations...

Then what am I doing? Lord, what is your sovereign purpose for me in this university? Where do I stand in your calling? Is my heart where your heart is? Fill me with wisdom and work through me to accomplish your will! And Holy Spirit work through what I say and do to everyone I relate to in this university, that they may come to know you.

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. - John 10:16

Now I speak. Now I make bold statements. When the chips are down, Lord, that I may not turn and run and deny you. But even if I do you still will forgive, restore and use.

No comments: