Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Some ramblings

I realised that the older I become, the less stuff I am willing to put up on my blog. Most of the stuff I simply keep to myself. A few years back I would have been blogging a lot, with all the thoughts in my mind. Now, it just seems a tad wiser to keep mum.

Work these days has been okay. Been waking up early most of the time to do QT still. However, some days I'm just too tired, admittedly. I think my walk with God is quite alright, but some days I do feel a little... bored? But then again, if the KJV of Isaiah 40:31 says to "wait upon the Lord", and then again it's repeated throughout the scriptures to "wait" e.g. Lamentations 3, Psalm 37:7, Psalm 46:10, just to quote a few of the head. Then perhaps, this is a good thing, just to wait.

Saturday and Sunday was church as usual. Some days after church on Sunday, it can be quite lonely. Not many people to hang around with. And Jesh is flying off to Europe soon. So one less buddy around. Enjoyed spending my time with my kids in CM.

Monday. Went for a run and worked out a bit. Thank God my archilles tendon injury seems to have fully healed. Went Bible Study Fellowship in the night. The first lesson, so okay. A little bit dull cuz it was just introductions and all. The lecture was alright. Well, at least I get to learn stuff.

Tuesday. Which was yesterday. Nothing much. Ended school at about 3:30p.m. Went home. Besides bible study and all, wrote letters to all my kids. Been calling the guys up. Not calling the girls cuz it'd probably be inappropriate. Really would like to see the guys through the years they grow up as youth. Been reading a really old book I dug up from my parents' collection. Titled "How to bring your children to Christ". It's for parents, but I guess it's quite applicable for all of us who serve in CM.

The last book was by Pastor Yonggi from Korea. That one is with Jeshua now. Which is apparently mainly where all my books go these days after I finish them.

Today. Will attend a CIP briefing at SMU later in the day.

Job has been fine... enjoying myself more with my students. Their mid-years are coming soon. I think teaching is pretty good training for public speaking. I handle about 200 plus students. All the express and academic classes. So have to alternate between verbose English and Singlish splattered with Malay and the Hokkien dialect. Heh, still can muster up some simple Bahasa Pasar from my NS days...

I feel that the most glaring characteristic amongst my friends is that I spend most of the week not really socializing... as in going out to sup with friends... etc. Of course part of the reason is that most of the guys live in the East Coast stretch and it'd be quite a waste of money to travel all the way down and then take a cab back if it ends too late. Oh well.

I wonder how SMU life will be like. It'll be 4 years. Hopefully, it'll be way better than JC life? JC was extremely fun at times with guys in my class. But I guess I was a lil aloof many a time.

Well. It sounds kinda ominous to me, but if Jeremiah 1:17-20 "Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them everything I command you..." andIsaiah 8:12-13 "Do not fear anything except the Lord Almighty... If you fear Him, you need fear nothing else" are the verses that God impressed on me. And if God told me that I must "stand for Him wherever He sends me". Then perhaps, just perhaps, there is a possibility that much of my life at least in the near future, will be spent standing alone.

I hazard a guess that perhaps times of being alone in NS was a time of training for what is to come.

So be it.

When I heard my belly trembled
My lips quivered at the voice
Rotteness entered into my bones
And I trembled in myself
Yet I will wait patiently for the day
When he cometh up unto the people
He will invade them with his troops
And though the fig tree shall not blossom
Neither shall fruit be in the vine
The labour of the olive shall fail
And the fields shall yield no meat
The flock shall be cut off from the fold
And there shall be no herd in the stores
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord
I will joy in the God of my salvation
The Lord God is my strength
And He will make my feet like hind's feet
And He will make me to walk upon mine high places
Selah

This is one morose-sounding post man.

No comments: