Sunday, January 25, 2009

To all my Oligopistos kids...

Hey all of you.

Just would like to say I appreciate you ladies- Jerusha, Jamie, Natalie, Fang Qi still keeping in touch with me somehow or other.

Boys as usual, shall be boys. I understand. It's perfectly normal.

I once learned this: "Do the thing you said you would well after the mood you have said it in is long gone."

Just something I was chewing on. The object of my faith is Christ. Yet somedays now I no longer feel that easily motivated to seek Him. Why? Camp's over, so many many things to do in life. Prep for university, learn driving, pack my stuff, get a job (got one already, yeah! Thank God). But I should really let the truth determine my determination to do QT... bible study... etc, not my feelings.

Now that that December camp feeling is gone and I'm probably settling back into some sort of routine, what I do now will speak volumes of my faithfulness to God.

Same for you all. Now that you're back to school. School really gets to us. PSLE stress, other activities... etc. Worries bout where we're going. My encouragement: keep seeking God no matter what. Trust in Him to provide. Worry not. Ref: Philippians 4:6-7, 1 Peter 5:7.

The God of the camp is the same God in your life right now. As you board the bus to school (assuming you d0), as you attend boring lessons, struggle with frustrating math questions, get scolded by teachers maybe, as you score good or bad grades. The same God you felt so strongly, who touched you to tears in camp, for some, He is with you.

He will never leave you nor forsake you, as Hebrews 13:5 says.

Keep in touch. Love y'all in Christ.

P.S. To Jamie, I have yet to receive your lawyer's letter. Hee.

No comments: