Saturday, December 06, 2008

Hey all

Well, it's the marathon tomorrow.

Just want to say to all that I am facing quite a big amount of pressure from my workplace. And though on the outside I appear quite alright, it's really a daily struggle to do things in a way that is righteous before God. There are so many ethical dilemmas, so many complex decisions to make. I need exceptional wisdom and strength and extraordinary diplomacy to take the narrow road.

And so please keep me in your prayers, all. Yes, God has been speaking to me and working in my life in very evident ways recently. But yet I recall that 1 Peter 5:8-9 says to be self-controlled and alert for my enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. And that I should resist him, standing firm in the faith.

And yes, I thought that for all who attended the childrens' camp I should put 1 Peter 5:7 in perspective. Don't read it alone. There are some very important points above and below. Yes, cast your anxieties to God, but you have to in the first place be humble before Him. And after that, be self-controlled and alert.

1 Peter 5:6-9:

"Humble yourselves therefore under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxieties on Him, for He cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers around the world are undergoing the same kind of suffering."

Prayer pointers. I need God to carry me through my last 2 months where I am. I do not envisage a smooth ride.

2 comments:

pamela said...

hey ty,
great to see that you were so blessed in the children's camp.
will keep u in prayer.
press on soldier!

tyong said...

Thanks!