Saturday, December 20, 2008

Back

Well, server was down last Sat and Sun after YPM camp. And booked in Sun night. So couldn't get to use the net.

Still very busy in armskote. This past week at my workplace reminded me again of the stark difference of civvy life and freedom that a civilian possesses. It is very possible to go with the flow inside and shut off the outside world, not knowing much about what happens outside, not having much contact with people outside. At the end of the day it does boil down to possessing a healthy work-life balance.

Kinda looking forward to seeing my camp kids for the camp reunion?

My to do list for ORD (Operationally Ready Date):

1)Find a job. Don't mind a full time job. But I would like one that leaves me enough space to spend time on working out regularly and spending time in my God-given ministry. And for driving lessons.

2)Learn how to drive. I've passed FTT already. Will need to apply for PDL and start sourcing for a good driving instructor.

3)Re-pack my entire room. Need to reconfigure a few things. Last did a major pack up right after A levels. I need a new undergrad friendly configuration and living space. Prob need to get a new mattress? The one I use has been there since sec 1 or 2 I think. Kinda bad for the back in the long term.

4)Of slightly lesser importance, get a new pair of shoes. I've been wearing my current pair since roughly May 2005. And it's in a pretty bad state. Soggy socks each time it rains, the sole is coming off.

5)Other miscellaneous errands, get a new bank book, get a new handphone, get a new watch perhaps. Notice that I'm not doing this in a spendthrift manner, but that I simply need to make some worthy purchases. I've put off many purchases these last 2 years and managed to save quite a bit on waste. So many things I'm holding on to are in a rather shabby state...

However, the most important aspect of my life is already settled right now. My walk with God and my relationships with many people. Once a person's walk with God is settled, everything else will subsequently move into place.

No comments: