Sunday, March 16, 2008

What has been happening

Can a man be so immersed in his job and place of work that it comprises his whole life? That is the sort of issue that I am facing. I've been doing my national service for a whole 11 months and 4 days now. Right now, as you know, I'm in a operational battalion. That means that one day, I'll be on standby to defend this land if a threat to our sovereignity ever arises. I am serious about that.

There are reasons for a lack of description of my life in army right now. Security reasons. Not that I'm in some highly classified military unit, but simply because some things are restricted. It's also unprofessional to rant in detail on a blog bout my workplace. I won't hide it that I have many gripes as to how much respect as a human being I am being accorded here. I also won't conceal the fact that I feel like a statistic, like dirt, like a dog (... not quite, at least dogs get incentives) and that many here are not at all treasured.

But I won't go into specifics. So I cannot be charged with wrongdoing.

Spiritually, I have not been in the strong presence of God for quite a while. My mom was sharing John 15:2 with me. And I do believe that God is pruning me, for the branch which bears fruit He prunes, so that it will bear even more fruit.

I sincerely miss times with certain people in church. Certain friendships seem kinda lost these days. Don't really have much time to spend with people around. And I am aware that when I come and start to speak army (so to say), there is a kind of civilian-soldier barrier that is created. But what to do?

I am glad for where I am, even though it's painful many a time and I am very tired and humanly unrewarded. For it trains me to be more like God. It trains me to be more calm and patient. I am not afraid to say that I have failed many tests that have been presented to me. And some I believe I have passed quite well.

Also in this period of time, I realise that there are not many people in church who go out of their way to keep in contact with others. And we wonder why there is little growth.

2 comments:

pamela said...

Hey ty,

just occurred to me that your blog's title is "Loved by the Lord". Though you may not feel it at this period of your life, but remember that we walk by faith and not by sight. He has always and still does love you and has not left you.
Sorry i haven't been able to keep in touch much, will continue to uphold u in prayer, and feel free to drop me a msg anytime :)
Take care and hope to catch u ard.

tyong said...

Oh hi Pam.

Ah yes, agreed. Thanks for the reminder.

Yes hope to see you around too.