Friday, February 22, 2008

-

I'm back again.

So many things happened in the last 2 weeks. Grown a bit wiser once more. I thank God for where I am. Spend so much time as a soldier that I don't have much time outside. But then again, I think this is an excellent point in my life. I can lead a physically, mentally, spiritually tough life without any major life commitments other than my God and family and some friends.

No exams, no girlfriend (you REALLY should see how much of a pain that can be while serving as a soldier. If I were an extra terrestrial stumbling into my camp I'd think "girlfriend" was some horrible monster. Most male humans express that girlfriends are headaches, don't understand what they go through, attention-seeking, and yet they can't let go of them.)

Ah yes... Life can be painfully fulfilling. Trying to train a motley crew of men. They've got many good things in them mired under much dirt. And it's my most messy job to clear away that dirt.

Ethics is a big question where I am. Where is the line drawn and how can I be shrewd and yet honest? Can these two co-exist? To be shrewd as a snake and innocent as a dove is not easy.

Wisdom required.

No comments: