Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Here I am

Here I am O Lord. Your child.

Been some time since I've come into really close contact with you Lord. Yes, I know I'm growing in wisdom and quiet strength where I am, through all the painful hard experiences there are. I know I'm learning things that make me more skilled for ministry wherever I am.

But I kinda miss those times Lord. Those times when I really took time off to fast and to pray. I miss those church camp times when I was in the midst of fellowship. Yes, even as the Psalmist missed those days that he was in the festive throng, leading the procession up to the house of the Lord. (Psalm 42).

Why art thou cast down O my soul? And why art thou disquieted within me? Hope thou in God, for I shall yet praise Him, who is the health of my countenance and my God. -Psalm 42:11.

I realise that I may be knowledgeable in the word, but I do believe I lack depth in understanding. And I lack wisdom in application. Truly, the more I walk with God, the more I realise that I am so lacking, so small.

It's not easy living for God in the army. But it'd be harder not living for God while in the army.

No comments: