Saturday, January 20, 2007

NP Sec. 1 interview

Went back to help with the interview. A few standard questions. Then the best part.

"One night you are trekking in Pulau Ubin. There is a girl beside you. All of a sudden you turn around and you find the girl isn't there. You look at the ground and you see footprints of a lion. Then you hear a lion roar. What is the first thing you would do?"

"I would go after the lion."

"Assume it's a guy. Would you do the same?"

"No, the guy can struggle by himself."

***********************************************
"I would go after the lion."
"Right, so you find the girl. And the girl's hand is in the mouth of the lion. What would you do?"
"Do I have any weapons?"
"I give you a pen knife"
"I would slash the lion."
"Ah, I see. Which part of the lion?"
potential recruit stops to think carefully.
"... the heart"
"Ah. Where is the heart of the lion?"
stunned.
"I... don't know."
***********************************************
"I would run away."
"So if it's a guy I assume you would do the same thing?"
"Yes. Run away."
"Mmmmm. So what if it's your mother?"
pauses to think.
"I would save. Run after the lion."
"What if it was me?"
thinks intensely and hesitates.
"I would save."
"Oh. Why?"
"Errr. Because police must save people one."
"Ah! Then what about the guy and the girl?"
stunned silence.
***********************************************
(By the way there are no lions on Pulau Ubin. Or Singapore... etc. But sadly no one got that.)

No comments: