Sunday, April 23, 2006

Since Thursday

Thursday night I was kinda drained spiritually. Didn't have much mental energy left to study. But I did have some physical energy left to use up. Thank you Jia En for talking cock over smses with me... Then at about 10p.m. I did some simple PT before I slept.

Friday I fasted solid food from 6a.m. to 6p.m. to get closer to God. And man, it was awesome. I never used to fast in the past, but now I'm convinced that it's one of the best ways to get close to God if you're really serious.

AJ Christian Group was good. Now we've got another of my ODAC juniors- Agapera with us. So that raises up our number to lemme count... 12. Yep. 10 came on Friday. As the group grows we must remain vigilant against any spiritual attack and remember to continually honour God in all we do. And that being said, I'm amazed at all that the good Lord has done for us. Truly, His thoughts and plans are greater than ours, as the prophet Isaiah wrote (Isaiah 55:8-9).

Friday night I left school at around 9. Finished dinner at 10. But the presence of God was so much stronger. As I bathed and did the usual stuff, I found myself just talking to my Lord. Truly, all anxiety seems trivial in the presence of the Almighty.

Saturday morning I decided that I just had to run. Been sometime already. So woke up at 5 and did a 6-7 klick run. Not bad, considered that I haven't run for a while. Jing Jie (a brother in my school min, also a great runner) says that when training, go 75-80% most of the time and only hit 100% once in a month or so. I think that works. I just cannot live without exercise. Well... I can, except that I'd feel like I'm sleep-walking throughout the day.

(Heh, I have this friend who sleeps around 2 plus a.m. everyday, then comes to school. Interestingly, he gets most of his sleep during lecture time. He's so good. He's only been caught by one teacher so far- considering he's been doing this for more than a year already.)

Saturday late-morning. Went to school for Family Day. Was alright. Spent some good time with Jie Hau... Great spiritual ally to have. We were just talkinig about the bands that were playing in school. Jie Hau was telling me that like it or not, the hard rock and pop- worldly music they were playing that morning would sort of infect us a bit for the rest of the day. I (and Jie Hau) are of the opinion that wordly music should be avoided as much as possible. It just makes no sense to fill your mind with useless garbage. It simply makes no sense to sing songs like "This is my cry, my one desire, just to be where you are Lord, now and forever" in church and before the Lord and then go into popular love songs like "you are my fire, my one desire. Believe when I say that I want it that way". I find that I cannot bring myself to sing these songs and still say that I love God.

Neither can I dance when my friends are playing in their rock band. All I can bring myself to do is clap feebly. What can a little dancing to the beat when a good band is playing do, you say? Well, I don't know about everyone out there. But I will only dance before the Lord. Other than that what's the point? What's the difference between dancing to worldly music and going crazy during rock concerts and lifting up your soul to an idol? It is my personal opinion that my attention to God must remain undivided.

Saturday evening kena spiritual attack. Fought it off, thank God. Whew. That was close.

Saturday night was YPM and High Praise. I really enjoyed worshipping God during High Praise. Uncle Daw Ching was very enthusiastic during his sermon. I enjoyed his sermon. Think he raised many good points.

Sunday morn, which is today. Woke up. QT spilled over from a half hour to one hour to one hour twenty minutes. Good stuff.

Next week will be quite hectic. Oh well, what did God tell me at the start of the year anyway? That this year would be even tougher than the last, but God would be with me through it all.

Yay.
.
.
.
A wonderful verse: (Thanks goes to Amelia for providing me with a Parallel bible so many months back)

A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated. But two can back-to-back and conquer and three are even better. For a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.

- Ecclesiastes 4:12

Truly, the Lord has provided me with so many warriors. Some stronger some weaker but all combat fit to stand back-to-back with me so that we fight. In school, in church, in life. Praise God for all He has done.

No comments: