Sunday, March 05, 2006

Saturday

Saturday was yesterday.

Yesterday was a pretty tiring day.

In the morning I went to school for this speech workshop by debating and oratorical society. I got chosen cuz they think I've got "potential to take part in public-speaking competitions". The workshop speakers were good. They knew their stuff. But I was basically bored to death. Public-speaking the way they put it is just not my stuff. I see public-speaking more as a way to communicate and reach out, while the impression I got from them is that it's to win public-speaking competitions and to impress people... perhaps I'd have been better off that morning hiking at Bukit Timah Nature Reserve with the other ODACians to prepare for Gunung Tapis, but oh well, at least I got exposed to "public-speaking".

Afternoon was a lunch by myself at Hougang Point, and then going through the past 5 days' newspapers (been busy with ODAC), then rushing over to church to coach Joseph with English.

Then YPM. Aunty Evelyn's message. Was good.

Then stayed back after YPM to pray with Caleb Lim, James Ow Yong and Matthew.

Then coached Joseph some more with English. Joseph, if you're reading this (which I know you actually don't read my blog... so why am I putting this here anyway?), you're making tremendous improvement already. Just keep sustatining that improvement. You're a great student to have.

By the time we ended- that was around 9:30 p.m., and went down there were no YPMers left. Oh well... was a lil disappointed cuz I was hoping to catch up with a few of them.

So I walked to the bus stop and got home.

Talked with Samson over the phone before I slept. Thanks for hearing me out Samson!

And today was Sunday. Don't go church on Sundays since I already attend the youth service (and there's CG in school). Thought I might as well choose one of the services rather than take both and end up with too little time to study and honour God.

And here I am, blogging, after writing a History essay.

Today I felt a sudden fear of exams. Don't feel too prepared to take exams. But I just prayed, and I know God will handle it. I think I've studied pretty hard this term. Just leave the rest to God.

Felt lonely tonight also. Strange, y'know. I never really feel quite lonely. It's so rare. Just sort of wish I had my friends around me all of a sudden, talking with me, crapping with me. Not quite sure why I suddenly felt like that. But oh well, what's important is that I have the Lord, and that's more than enough.

The Lord is close to those who call upon Him,
to those who call upon Him in truth.
He fulfills the desires of those who fear Him
He hears their cry and saves them
The Lord watches over those who love Him,
but the wicked will be destroyed
-Psalms 145: 18-20
"Because he loves me" says the Lord, "I will rescue him"
"I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name
He will call upon me and I will answer him
I will be with him in trouble
I will deliver him and honour him
With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation"
-Psalms 91: 14-16
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
Will rest in the shadow of the Almighty
I will say of the Lord
He is my shelter and my fortress, my stronghold
In whom I trust
-Psalms 91:1-2
Time to sleep.

No comments: