Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Quick update

Only got a bit of time to type this before I go study again. (yes, it might make me sound like a boring person, but I'm just disciplining myself for God's glory- and I'm not trying to boast here).

Last few days was an up and down experience. Saturday was especially interesting. Had some issues in ODAC (morning) again. (This blog's not a flaming-people site, so I won't put the details here- But can ask me personally). So bad that I just ended up crying (literally. Yes, I do cry) to God. Nobody saw it. Just God and I.

That afternoon, God showed me He was in control. Gave me the oppurtunity to share Christ with my taxi-driver on the way to church (don't usually take taxis, but was late for YPM). Kind of interesting. There I was sitting at the back, praying. Somehow I felt a boldness to share God with the guy. But then I weighed the odds (my Chinese is pretty un-fluent, to put it politely- and I was tired after that morn). Then I decided not to share. And then, the driver just turned around and started asking me bout Christianity (told him I was going to church). And so I asked him whether he wanted to here the story of Christ.

asdf
And he did. Shared Christ to him in my broken Chinese. Truly, God used me when I was weak, in my weaker language to share Him. I even got his hp no. Samson helped me to pass it to the good people over at Hokkien Service. Praise God!

Monday and Tuesday. Just normal school days. Thank God that I'm before time in schoolwork now. Hasn't happened since my Lower Sec days, I believe.

Today was ODAC. Ended at 8+. J1s were great... Got to know a couple of Christians amongst them.

Still praying for God to invade my school. I know that God will provide. Does not Mark 11:24 say that : "I tell you the truth. Everything that you ask for in prayer- believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." ?(of course it also goes on to say that I'm to forgive everyone I have anything against.) This is one thing that I'm just totally trusting God for. My friends and I here don't have to wait for a specific sign. My Lord already commissioned His disciples in the Great Commission.


...Jesus drew near and said to them, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.
Go, then, to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples: baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to obey everything I have commanded you. And I will be with you always, to the end of the age."


-Mark 28:18-20

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.

-Acts 1:8

So there we have it. A good thing's that I know a few other YPMers who are working on setting up some sort of Christian group in their schools. Got bros Caleb Lim and James Ow Yong in SAJC and ACJC and also got Jia En over at Anglican High.

All who read, please keep me in prayer, if you have the time. Thanks!

2 comments:

pamela said...

keep the quick but encouraging updates going bro.
reading and keeping you in prayer.
sounds exciting wah~!

tyong said...

Thanks Pam

Thanks for the prayer! Have a great time where you are! May God provide your every need. I still do read your blog. Maybe once a week.