Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I need more of you Lord.

More of you where it came from.

My soul cries out for fresh annointing. Fresh fire.

Hear me O God! Turn not your face away from me.

Mighty fulfil-er of promises. Deliverer. Saviour. That's what you are Lord.

If your word says that I can run nowhere from your Spirit, and that darkness is as light to you, that those who seek you will surely find you when they seek you with all your heart. If your word says that O God, why do I still feel so lacking-of-your-Spirit?

The world has many attractions and each one of them calls out to me.

But I yearn to return to your sanctuary to behold your beauty.

Surely you will grant me that request O Lord.

For your presence in my life is more precious than the life itself. Yes, take everything else away but pour out a double portion of your Spirit upon me and I will be content.

For my life is just a passing shadow, a breath of air. A mist that vanishes. And what am I before you O God? A mere maggot. For man is a maggot compared to his Creator.

Surely you, my God, who hast brought me thus far will not now withold your Spirit when I plead with thee for it?

Search me, O God, and know my heart
Try me, and know my thoughts
And see if there be any wicked way in me,

and lead me in the way everlasting.

-Psalm 139: 23-24

2 comments:

pamela said...

Take heart bro, the Lord is near to those who call upon Him.
Psalm 145:17-18
keeping you in prayer.

tyong said...

thanks