Sunday, August 21, 2005

Learning

I am still learning. Learning from God and the people and circumstances God sent to teach me.

Just to share.


"So then, anyone who hears these words of mine and obeys them is like a wise man who built his house on rock. The rain poured down, the rivers flooded over, and the wind blew hard against that house. But it did not fall, because it was built on rock. "But anyone who hears these words of mine and does not obey them is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain poured down, the rivers flooded over, the wind blew hard against that house, and it fell. And what a terrible fall that was!"

-Matthew 7:24-27

God has given us a lot. Sometimes it's a position, sometimes it's a talent. Whatever it is, God must still be the rock on which we build our houses. All that He has given us must never ever become our foundation. If we take refuge in things such as the past successes in our life (and they are God-given, mind you), then it is as good as building our house on the sand.

There is no substitute for God.


"Do not judge others, so that God will not judge you, for God will judge you in the same way you judge others, and he will apply to you the same rules you apply to others. Why, then, do you look at the speck in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the log in your own eye? How dare you say to your brother, 'Please, let me take that speck out of your eye,' when you have a log in your own eye? You hypocrite! First take the log out of your own eye, and then you will be able to see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

-Matthew 7:1-5

This one who doesn't know.

But as of late, I've been that hypocrite there. It's good to question and all, but I have logS in my eyeS. I know that. So many things. I know I shouldn't judge.

I'm super super skeptical at times, super super cynical. heh. My discipleship group knows that.

Suppose God will change that at his own time.

For now I'm studying.

Studying studying studying.

No comments: