Wednesday, August 24, 2005

hmph

Lord.

I'm tired.

You know I'm tired.

What now, Lord?

What happens when a servant of the Most High God becomes tired spiritually, physically, emotionally?

What happens?

What happens...

What happens... ....

It's so familiar, this tiredness.

So familiar, this ol' frustration. Frustration with schoolwork. Frustration with friends. Frustration with systems, with everything that's standing between me and a good rest.

God?

Are you there?

How?

How?

How?

Yes. I know you'll bring me through. Perhaps that's all that I need to know.

I somehow wish I owned an old cottage on a tall cliff extending into the clouds, where there is just God and me.

Then I'd go out each time I feel frustrated, stand at the edge of the cliff and shout from the bottom of my lungs... heh. That's the thing with HDB flats, can't shout when you feel frustrated. Most you can do is hold a pillow to your mouth and give a muffled shout, which doesn't really feel like a shout.

Till the day I own an old cottage... well, I suppose I'll have to carry on.

Correction. God will carry me on.

Thanks for reading, y'all.

No comments: